I NEVER CRY
- Director: Piotr Domalewski
- Cast: Zofia Stafiej, Kinga Preis, Arkadiusz Jakubik
- Year of Release: 2020
- Running Time: 98mins
- Certificate: 15
- Country of Origin: Poland, Ireland
- Language: English, Polish
- English Subtitles?: Yes
- Available Formats: N/A - Screen from your own copy
- Summary: Available to screen from 1 October 2021. '[A] moving drama, filled with black humour and empathy, that would make Ken Loach proud.'— Cineuropa Writer-director Piotr Domalewski’s (Silent Night) dark comedy has won acclaim and numerous awards in his native Poland. A Polish-Irish co-production, I Never Cry explores the cruelly ubiquitous loss of a parent through the eyes of a young woman, and prompts the viewer to reconsider their role in the lives of others. Ola (Zofia Stafiej), a rebellious teenager from a small city, sets off to a foreign country on her own. It will turn out to be the trip of her lifetime, a trip into the unknown, on which she will try to reconnect with her estranged father. In Ireland, she will come to know a different world and meet people who will change her approach to life. Inspired by films such as Manchester By The Sea and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, and set-in modern-day Poland and Ireland, I Never Cry is a piercing, realistic look at the difficulties faced by families separated by emigration, told against the backdrop of the life of Polish workers abroad.
Requested Film Booking Form
Please fill in the below. You will receive a confirmation email shortly containing information regarding your request.