MEMOIR OF WAR
- Director: Emmanuel Finkiel
- Cast: Mélanie Thierry, Benoît Magimel, Benjamin Biolay
- Year of Release: 2017
- Running Time: 127mins
- Certificate: 12
- Country of Origin: France, Belgium, Switzerland
- Language: French
- English Subtitles?: N/A
- Available Formats: N/A - Screen from your own copy
- Summary: In 1944 Nazi-occupied France, young Marguerite Duras is a talented writer and an active Resistance member with her husband Robert Antelme. When he is deported by the Gestapo, she dives into a desperate struggle to get him back. She develops a chilling relationship with local Vichy collaborator Rabier and takes terrible risks to save Robert, playing a cat-and-mouse of unpredictable meetings all over Paris. Does he really want to help her? Or is he trying to dig up information about the anti-Nazi underground? Then comes the end of the war and the return of camp victims, an excruciating period for her, a long and silent agony after the chaos of the Liberation of Paris. But she continues to wait, bound to the torment of absence even beyond hope and love. Adapted from the novel La Douleur written by Marguerite Duras. It was France’s entry for the Foreign Language Film Award at the 2019 Oscars and premiered at the San Sebastian Film Festival in 2017.
Requested Film Booking Form
Please fill in the below. You will receive a confirmation email shortly containing information regarding your request.