The Clay Factory, Ivybridge
Saturday 20 October, 1 – 6:30pm
Do you want to start screening films in your community?
Are you already screening films?
Want to develop skills in audience development, programming and screening equipment?
Join Cinema For All for the launch of On the Ground – a new face to face support scheme providing regional advice and assistance to community cinemas in Devon and Cornwall.
Whether you are a new group looking to start screening films in your community, an existing group in search of some additional support, or an experienced group keen to share your stories and advice to help others, we have something for everyone at our special launch event!
Over the course of the afternoon you will:
- Gain practical skills and information through our Equipment and Technical Training and Audience Development and Film Programming Masterclasses
- Learn more about On the Ground: how it works and how you can get involved in becoming one of our regional community cinema Champions
- Meet and network with local organisations that can offer further support in your region, including Film Hub South West and Cinema For All South West, as well as other community cinemas, both new and established
We will then bring the afternoon to a close with a special screening of the critically acclaimed film, The Rider.
This event will help you develop your skills, your connections and your community!
To register for your free ticket visit Eventbrite and reserve your space HERE. Tickets will be limited so please reserve your tickets early to avoid disappointment. Please let us know if you have any access requirements in advance.
We hope to see you there!
ABOUT ON THE GROUND
On the Ground is Cinema For All’s new, regional support scheme, providing face to face advice to community cinemas in Devon and Cornwall.
We understand the challenges of setting up and running sustainable voluntary community cinemas, as well as the benefits they bring to local people.
With On the Ground, we are looking to not only recruit groups who are looking for assistance, but also those who are willing to share their knowledge and skills with others – with the aim of building a network of committed, community cinema specialists, who can represent Cinema For All as On the Ground Champions.
Being an On the Ground Champion is a great opportunity for your share your skills and knowledge about screening films with fellow community cinemas, creating an ever-thriving community cinema sector we can all enjoy.
You can be a Champion by doing one, or all, of the below:
– Informing new and existing community cinemas about services that will help them such as Cinema For All, Cinema For All South West, Film Hub etc.
– Leading a workshop on a topic in community cinema exhibitions such as Equipment Training, Film Programming, Marketing etc. The Cinema For All team can help guide you on how to run these workshops.
– Share your knowledge of your region and local area to help connect Cinema For All with existing and potential community cinemas.
– Spreading the word about community cinema!
In return for being a Champion, we can offer your group some free coaching support and expenses incurred visiting groups across the region.
GET IN TOUCH
For more information about On the Ground, becoming a community cinema Champion or to book a training session for your group, please get in touch with Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0114 2210314.