Cinema For All is passionate about film discovery – the sharing of cinema through film education in a way that deepens audience engagement with what is being projected onto the big screen. With that in mind, we have created a series of materials to help you expand your film education offering to your audience – Film Discovery 101.
Film Discovery 101 is a series of help-sheets designed to help you experiment with film education through 3 key activities:
- Help-sheet #1: holding a post-film discussion
- Help-sheet #2: inviting a guest speaker/ conducting a Q&A
- Help-sheet #3: creating a film discovery presentation (coming soon)
In addition, the Film Discovery 101 pack includes 6 fact-sheets surrounding a menu of films that can help you get started:
- Fact-sheet #1: Neruda
- Fact-sheet #2: The Red Balloon
- Fact-sheet #3: Hidden Figures
- Fact-sheet #4: Alice in the Cities
- Fact-sheet #5: The Passion of Joan of Arc
- Fact-sheet #6: The Olive Tree
We also have additional programme notes on the following films that we we also recommend as a great starting point for introducing film discovery to your audience:
We hope you find the Film Discovery 101 pack useful, and enjoy working with it and the documents it entails. We are very interested to hear your feedback, so please head to: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YZGVPBM after your activities and let us know your thoughts.
Film Discovery 101 is supported by the BFI Audience Award.