The Programming workshop, usually delivered by Abi or Ellie from the Cinema For All team, equips you with everything you need to know about choosing and booking films for your community cinema. There are also lots of tips and ideas on planning your season, delivering extra activities, finding new audiences and finding support for your programme.
The workshop includes:
- An outline of film programming.
- How to select your film programme.
- How to book the films that you want to screen.
- Screening independent titles and how to get then classified if they don’t have a BBFC rating.
- Some in depth ideas for extra activities around your film screenings including Q&As, introductions, workshops and more.
- How to find support for your film programme.
- How to build your audience and create partnerships with other organisations.
- A case study and examples from: The Futurist Cinema.
“I thought I had a good understanding and knowledge of this area but what I learned from this course regarding audiences, film booking, obtaining licenses and dealing with your local authority and finding support for your film programme was invaluable. The information provided was effective with plenty of examples and activities used to assist with our own immediate learning and experiences. I liked the way the film programming workshop was delivered. It was informal, points thoroughly explained and plenty of discussion. We were able to relate the majority of agenda points to our own immediate experiences with running a community cinema/ film club.
I highly recommend participating in this workshop or any of the film training workshops on offer from Cinema For All. – UFP Film Club”
– Martin, UFP Film Club
The 90 minute session can be adapted to fit your group’s specific needs if you let us know in advance.
For more information on this session, please contact Abi on firstname.lastname@example.org.