The Marketing and Social Media workshop, usually delivered by Rosie from the Cinema For All team, will give you a thorough understanding of various marketing approaches and practices, as well as how to conduct research within your community to ensure that you are reaching your audiences in the most effective way.
The workshop includes:
- Marketing foundations: why is effective marketing important?
- Research: how to conduct marketing, programming and demographic research within your community.
- Print marketing: how to design eye-catching print and make the most of your posters and flyers.
- Digital marketing: looking particularly at your website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Word of mouth and community events: looking at whether there are any local events that you can attend to market your community cinema.
- Case studies and examples of marketing from: Lincoln Film Society, Leigh Film Society, Deptford Cinema, Andro & Eve, Handmade Cinema, Film Unit, Screen B14 and Newcastle Community Cinema.
- Marketing activities for you to complete after the session.
“The marketing/social media coaching session was truly fantastic! Expertly delivered, with lots of easily applicable strategies and real life case studies from other community cinemas! We learnt so much just in the 90 minutes and would definitely recommend!”
– Rui Jin, Brighton Community Cinematheque
The 90 minute session can be adapted to fit your group’s specific needs if you let us know in advance – for example, we can cover areas such as Mailchimp and email marketing, Instagram and more in depth design ideas.
For more information on this session, please contact Rosie on firstname.lastname@example.org.