The Accessibility workshop, usually delivered by Abi or Ellie from the Cinema For All team, will give you the knowledge and confidence to explore your community cinemas accessibility. From tips and ideas on how to adapt your venue, to information on useful training for your volunteers, you will leave this workshop with an action plan and plenty of resources on how to make your screenings more accessible. With examples from community cinemas putting this advice into practice, this workshop is perfect for groups looking to increase accessibility at their screenings, or keen reach out to new audiences.
The workshop includes:
- Exploring accessibility – the benefits and challenges faced with making your screenings more accessible.
- Information and advice on adapting your venue and marketing to reach new audiences.
- Equipment considerations for more accessible screenings.
- Helpful links and resources to prepare your volunteers for accessible screenings.
- Examples from community cinemas, including a case study from Leigh Film Society.
- Developing an action plan for more accessible screenings.
The 90 minute session can be adapted to fit your group’s specific needs if you let us know in advance.
For more information on this session, please contact Abi on email@example.com.