ADVICE AND SUPPORT WHILST WE STAY AT HOME
HOW CINEMA FOR ALL IS GOING TO HELP YOU…
- We will not charge you any cancellation fees for Booking Scheme titles, even if you forget to tell us – we’re extending the usual cancellation window of 24 hours to 14 days. For equipment hires, we will be processing full refunds for confirmed bookings, unless you tell us you’re happy to postpone, in which case we will simply move your booking to a later date.
- We will lobby other organisations to do the same. We’re quite sure that other organisation will be showing similar lenience during this period, but if you are faced with an unexpected charge, please let us know and we’ll see what we can do to help.
- We’re constantly adding more titles to the Booking Scheme and, once up and running again, we’ll have some fantastic new projects and special seasons coming up. Keep your eyes on our Twitter, Facebook and the news section of the website for updates.
- We are working hard to bring you additional membership services during this downtime – see below for our online film club guide and details of our MUBI subscription offer. We’ll also be offering free top-up online training sessions and even more special offers available to members and associates.
- We will help you put together a donations strategy to help your audience contribute to your group, even when the screenings are on hiatus. We’ll have more on this next week!
HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR AUDIENCE…
- Host online viewing parties for those that have online access. We have put together a handy guide to help you set this up.
- Share your free MUBI subscription! All community cinemas in the Cinema For All network can sign up for 90 days of free film through MUBI, and best of all you can also pass this on to your loyal audience so that they too can access this amazing offer: https://mubi.com/cinemagoeson
- Writing resources and sharing programme notes. Many audience members would love to have some film recommendations from you and your fellow programmers/ organisers, especially if it helps them spend less time endlessly scrolling through streaming services.
- Give vulnerable audience members a call. If you are in self-isolation, hearing from someone during this time can make such a difference. Again, many of you are mobilising to make sure your most vulnerable audience members are well-stocked and connected during this time. It’s wonderful to see.
HOW TO HELP YOUR VOLUNTEERS…
- Again, staying in touch will be a lifeline to your committee members and fellow volunteers. If you don’t already have one, make a WhatsApp group or Facebook page to stay in contact. The Cinema For All team stay in touch via our WhatsApp group (which is mainly pet pictures right now).
- If they are well and willing, assign them some tasks to be getting on with at home during this downtime – from designing posters and writing programme notes, to looking at funding options and working on your website. Your doors may be closed, but as we all know, the admin side of community cinema never sleeps!
AND FINALLY, HOW YOU CAN HELP CINEMA FOR ALL…
Due to the disruption to some of our services, we anticipate a loss of income during March-June, which is usually a busy period for us. To help get through this challenging time, there are a few things you can do to help, if you are in a position to do so.
- Keep your membership up to date and renew quickly when your membership comes through. We will still be providing many membership services, even if the Booking Scheme and Equipment hire are temporarily unavailable, and we’re working on new resources to help groups like you through this uncertain period.
- Keep your skills tip top by purchasing an online training session. Our team have many sessions that we have developed through our innovative and successful Launchpad and Sustain programme. A single, 90min session can be yours for just £25. More info and bookable slots coming next week!
- Listen to the Cinema For All podcast, which now has over 25 episodes of behind the scenes cinema goodness. What’s not to like! Please rate and review us on iTunes, or share us on social media (@cinemaforallpod). Listen here, on iTunes, Spotify or wherever else you get your podcasts.
- Your support is invaluable at any time of year, but especially now. If you are in a position to make a donation to Cinema For All – large or small, it will help us cover any shortfall we might have and keep our services running smoothly. We run a very lean organisation, and are very lucky that we can work from home. However, the shortfall caused by the coronavirus outbreak will have an impact on us and what we can achieve for the sector. Any support you can offer is very much appreciated.
- Postpone rather than cancel your screenings – we know it is very difficult to know when the situation in public gatherings may be OK again though.