Each year Cinema For All conducts a survey of the community film exhibition sector to gather a wide range of data about the groups we represent. This survey allows us to see what we’re doing well and what we could improve on. Not only this, but it gives you a chance to reflect on all of the great work done by you and your fellow volunteers.
Key Findings of the Community Exhibitor Survey 2017/18:
- The average public ticket price was £5.48, more than £2 lower than the national average for commercial cinemas, which is £7.49.
- The top three most screened films were Hidden Figures, A Man Called Ove and Lion.
- Just under half of respondents (48%) operated a membership system in 2017/18 and the average membership size was 131.
55% of respondents saw their membership increase or stay the same in 2017/18.
- On average, respondents were located 7.2 miles from their nearest commercial cinema.
- 38% of respondents operate in a ‘rural’ area, compared to 2.5% of commercial cinemas.