The Cinema For All Booking Scheme is governed by the rules and regulations described below. The terms and conditions set out here only apply to the films available as part of the Cinema For All Booking Scheme.
To participate in the Cinema For All Booking Scheme you must:
- Join Cinema For All in 2016/2017 as a Member or Associate.
- Provide the supporting material requested (Associates only).
- Nominate a contact person for your organisation.
- Inform Cinema For All immediately if the nominated contact person changes.
- Ensure the return of DVDs and Blu-Rays within 5 working days of your screening taking place. We recommend sending discs via a service that offers proof of postage.
- Provide Cinema For All with box office audience numbers for your screening. This data will help us build a picture of the impact of community cinema screenings across the UK.
- Ensure that invoices are paid within 30 days of receipt.
To book a film from the Cinema for All Booking Scheme you need to:
- Complete a Booking Form. These can be found on any individual film pages.
- Submit your film booking/s via the online form or by post/email.
Conditions of Screening:
- You may screen the film to your members, guests and the public.
- You may take money at the door or accept payment in advance of a screening.
- You must not screen the DVD or Blu-Ray more than once, unless you have booked for multiple screenings.
- You must not lend out, or hire the discs to any individual, or group for any purpose outside of the agreed screening.
- You must not retain or reproduce the discs for exhibition or sale outside of the agreed screening.
- You must not screen the film outdoors.
- You must not copy or in any way make a recording of the DVD or Blu-Ray.
- You must not screen the film in an alternate format.
- If the title you have booked is uncertified you are advised to obtain a temporary certificate from the local licensing officer at your local council offices.
- If you wish to cancel a film booking you must inform Cinema For All immediately in writing by email, or at the very latest within 24 hours after the proposed screening date. You will then receive confirmation from us that the licence has been cancelled. There is no charge for a cancellation providing you inform us within this time-frame. However you are responsible for onward dispatch of any DVD or Blu-Ray that has already been posted to you.
If you fail to notify us of the cancellation in time you may be liable for a cancellation fee of up to the full cost of the licence.